What is OM chanting, with the benefits and steps?
What is Om (Aum)?
Know that Om chanting is NOT a Religious practice. It is a universal syllable. It is a cosmic sound which initiated the creation of the universe. It is SCIENCE. Modern science is just scratching the surface of this Ancient Vedic Science.
Following are some of the Important Benefits of Chanting Om (AUM):
- When you start chanting Om it creates positive vibrations in you. You feel happy for no reason
- It purifies your Aura. To know more about what is human body Aura and how it affects your health, read my previous blog here:
- Om chanting purifies the environment around you.
- Om chanting not only benefits the person who is chanting, it but also to the people around them, wherever its vibrations flow.
- As you practice Om chanting and meditation with Om, people will notice changes in you as you may be looking younger, happier, energetic and also calm and peaceful.
- A long-lasting sense of well-being and balance will manifest into your life.
- You will start to appreciate every little thing in your life which will turn you into a magnet to attract good things into your life to be thankful for.
- It improves your concentration and helps you focus on whatever your goals may be.
- The chanting improves your voice by giving strength to your vocal cords and the muscles around it. This is very helpful during old age.
- The vibrations of Om open up the sinuses to clear the airways.
- It has a calming effect on our nervous system.
- Meditation with Om chanting relaxes our mind and body, our blood pressure decreases and the heart beats with a regular rhyme which is good for our heart health.
- Om chanting gives us better control over our emotions, which is very important to face the situation with the clear and rational mind.
- When the OM Mantra is chanted in a group, the effects are amplified, and this will produce immense positive vibrations which charge up the entire vicinity.
- The sound uuu… (U) is created by the vocal cords which benefit the thyroid glands and the throat.
- Om can even help cleanse your skin. The massive levels of internal positive energy and a cleansed aura that come from chanting the Om Mantra regularly will be reflected externally with a healthy glow on your face and body.
- Regular chanting of this Mantra will take you on a spiritual journey to greater happiness and positivity, but only if it is done daily for a longer period of time. Make Omchanting part of your daily routine to see the visible changes in your life.
Different Ways to Start Om Chanting as a Beginner
As a beginner, you can start with just listening to om chanting audios. Listening to Om chanting will also have a positive impact on your mind.
You can also play Om chanting audios in the background and do your regular work.
Playing Om chanting music in the background on speakers will also raise vibrations of your surroundings.
You can also chant along with om chanting videos. Also, check out these calming om chanting meditation which will help you to calm your mind. When listening to Om Chanting audios which include sound frequencies to change our brain waves.
You can also use mantra chanting mala with 108 beads in it to count the number of times you chant Om. 108 is considered to be an auspicious number in Hinduism and also used in spiritual practices like Kriya Yoga.
If you chant Om or are planning to start chanting Om, share your experiences with us in the comments section. Your experience might inspire others to start chanting Om and get benefit from it.